Monday, October 16, 2017

Diwali Lamp for Rainbow Craftykari Blog

Hello Crafty Friends,

Today I'm at Rainbow Craftykari Blog with my DT inspiration post. This month we are celebrating the festival of lights in this part of the world. We decorate our homes with lights and eat and share sweets and gifts with neighbours, friends and relatives. 
I made a Diwali Lamp this time, which will be the centerpiece for my Diwali Party. 








The materials I used for making this...
I have listed down the products at the end of the post.



For this, I upcycled an empty silver foil tube, some thermocol sheets that came with packaging. First I drew the outline of the lamp on a piece of paper and traced the same on the patterned paper. Then I cut out the unnecessary parts and attached vellum on the window panels. Then I assembled the lamp. 

After the upper part is done, I used a thermocol sheet to make the base of the lamp, so that it can stand properly. I cut it in hexagon shape and attached cardstock on both sides to give it more strength. Then I attached the empty aluminium foil roll into it and covered the whole part with patterned paper. Then for attaching the lamp also I cut a small thermocol sheet and covered it with patterned paper and attached it to the tissue roll. Once the base is dried completely and looked firm, I attached the lamp on it.

Here, You can keep it unattached and adhere a tea light on it also. I'm planning to do that in future.

Then I attached  laces on the borders to make it look more attractive, also attached some flowers which are from the store. Some leaf die cuts here and there and my lamp is ready.

Some more images 





















Materials Used:

White Cardstock
Enogreeting Paper Pack
Vellum
Papericious Lace
Thermocol Sheet
Empty Foil roll
Flowers 
Die cut Leaves
Tacky Glue
Paper Cutter
Scissors

Hope you like my work. 
Don't forget to participate in the challenge here and you can win lots of exciting prizes.

Linking to the following challenges:




Hugs,
Priya








No comments: