Friday, September 1, 2017

Mixed media Altered Box for Scrappin 4 fun

Hello Friends,

Hope you are doing fine. We were experiencing flood like situation here in Mumbai with heavy rainfall and crazy wind. But people have learnt from the past and didn't take the risk of going out in water which is the best part. The school holidays extended that means no time for crafting and just playing whole day with my kiddo...

Amidst all this I take out time late at night to play with my scraps and today I am here with one of my already favorite altered art for Scrapping4funchallenges Blog. IThis is my first DT post for the challenge blog and I'm very excited to join the talented team.The theme this month is "Different Techniques" so I chose a Cell Phone box to alter and I used Stenciling, layering, Inking, dry brushing in the project.




For my box, I gave a coat of gesso then a scripture stencil. I used corrugated sheet, jute cord, art stones, net and chippies to create texture. 
I altered this box.


For coloring I used spray inks and chalk paint. I did dry brushing with gesso once I was satisfied with the coloring part.I used sea shells, Flowers, a metal clock, few pearls and beads here and there for embellishment. I did the same for the sides of the box as well some stenciling and paints.
for the bottom part, I only colored that after giving a coat of gesso. Some more pics ...













Our sponsor for this month is
 
If U like any specific Technique, Do participate to win some prizes from our sponsor.

Supplies Used:

Art Basic Heavy Gesso White
Cell Phone Box
Scripture Stencil
Rangers Texture Paste
Corrugated Sheet
Art Stones
Papericious Chip Board
Papericious Jute Cord
Net
Spray Inks
Itsy Bitsy Chalk Paint
Flowers
Sea Shells
Metal Charm
Pearls and beads

Hope You like my project. Don't forget to participate in the challenge.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog


Rhedd's Creative Spirit



Hugs,
Priya


No comments: